Tucked away in the foothills of the Santa Cruz Mountains of California, Saratoga is a lovely residential community with a small-town feel. The City is well known for its excellent schools, fine dining, unique shops, and distinctive cultural institutions. Saratoga offers a high quality of life to its residents and a chance to escape the hustle of Silicon Valley. My wife and I both graduated from Saratoga High years ago.
The Village, Saratoga’s historic downtown district, is filled to the brim with unique shops and fine dining destinations. Saratoga’s dedication to retaining its small-town feel means that smaller, locally owned shops aren’t the exception – they’re the standard.
Saratoga has a vibrant art scene and a wealth of activities available to residents and visitors, and is home to some distinctive destinations:
- Hakone Gardens, the oldest Japanese-style residential gardens in the Western Hemisphere.
- Villa Montalvo, former home of Senator James Duval Phelan. Montalvo hosts a concert series, art gallery, and artist in residence program, and is surrounded by 175 acres of park grounds and hiking trails.
- The Mountain Winery in the Saratoga foothills. A popular spot for weddings, wine tastings, and world class concerts in the spring and summer.
- Almaden Valley, New Almaden
- Aptos, Rio Del Mar, Seascape, Seacliff
- Ben Lomond
- Boulder Creek
- Los Altos, Los Altos Hills
- Los Gatos
- Los Gatos Mountains, Santa Cruz Mountains
- Monte Sereno, Downtown Los Gatos
- Morgan Hill
- Mount Hermon, Mt. Hermon
- Mountain View
- Palo Alto
- Redwood Estates, Holy City
- San Jose
- San Jose Downtown, Japantown
- San Jose South
- San Martin
- Santa Clara
- Santa Cruz
- Scotts Valley
- Willow Glen
Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than the operator of this website are marked with the IDX icon . The information being provided is for consumer's personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.